Friday, September 18, 2009

So in love!

I don't think Ben or I have stopped smiling since the first baby was born yesterday. I know I am their mom so I am biased but they are all soooooo cute! I cannot wait to go see them today and hopefully hold at least one of them. I have been up since 5 am waiting to go but Ben is still sleeping. He had a long day yesterday too so I want him to sleep.

It all started Tuesday night around 10:30, I became very uncomfortable and couldn't move around with out lots of pain then contractions started. I waited until 3 am and called Ben and my dad to get down here, I was afraid if they left at 7 as planned Ben would miss it all. I went to ultrasound at 8am and Ben walked in about 15 minutes later, I was so relieved that he was there all I could do was cry. Within then next hour we learned Aubrey's flow was still absent and we would be delivering. I was so scared! Even though I wanted them born I wanted to hold them in as long as possible.

The got us to labor and delivery and prepped me for the c section. Time moved soooo slow! When they took Matthew out he began to cry immediately and so did mommy and daddy. We have never heard a better noise! All of them had their turn crying then Ben and my mom got to go over and see the babies and take a couple pics while I laid there and the nurses brought them to me.

After recovery Ben and I got to go see the babies for about 15 minutes each then he took turns bringing all the grandparents, aunts and uncles up to meet them. He was beat from all the running around but when the nurse said I could take a quick trip down to see them he never even hesitated about naking the loop one more time.

I began pumping last night and was surprised that I was able to express a little each time. The NICU nurses call that liquid gold and said even enough to give them on a qtip will help. I am so happy to be able to give them a better start by pumping for them!

They all scored 7's on the first apgar and 8 on the second which we were told is awesome for preemies and multiples! All four are doing well! As of last night two of the babies were on CPAP and the other 2 were being given surfactant through their tubes in their throat. Now for the moment you are all waiting for...PICTURES!

Matthew 11:31 am 4 lbs 3 oz 16.5"
Photobucket

Brady 11:34 am 4 lbs 10 oz 17.5"
Photobucket

Aubrey 11:35 am 3lbs 1 oz 15.25"
Photobucket

Cameron 11:37 am 3 lbs 11 oz 16.5"
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...My eyes are full of tears Kari....I am soooo lucky to have seenand walked this hard journey with you. I am so happy that all the hard time were worth this AMAZING wait. We really have both been given the BEST 6 miricals in the world....The biggest CONGRATS to you and ben Both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they're just gorgeous and precious Kari!! Congrats to u and Ben - i can't imagine a couple that deserves such a miracle more!! *hugs* Thinking n praying for the 6 of u.... jesse k + x (from SheKnows - Due In Oct group) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Kari. They are all so beautiful. I hope the whole family is doing well today. What are they saying for the NICU stay? Are any of the babies on oxygen or CPAP?

    Give those babies lots of kisses. Congrats to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a year, Kari! It's almost hard to believe that they're actually here! They look absolutely wonderful and what awesome weights! They'll be home in no time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when I received the email that you were going to be having QUADS and I almost peed myself... and now they are here. They are all beautiful and you are one amazing Mommy:) Congrats Kari and Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The QUAD SQUAD is here (did you go with that for your new license plate) You have managed to bring FOUR beautiful healthy lives into this world. It seemed like just yesterday you were announcing to us that 4 were on the way. In my opinion your body was made to carry four babies and God has truly blessed you and Ben. Enjoy every precious moment with these miracles and I am so happy you have the family your heart has desired for so long. Congratulations X 4

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are BEAUTIFUL! You did such an amazing job of keeping them in as long as you did. And they're such a great size for quads and preemies!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Here from LFCA*

    Congratulations on your beautiful children! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here also from LFCA. Congratulations!! So glad they are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Kari! They are beautiful, and I am sure you will keep a permanent grin on your face, even when you are exhausted, tired, and sick of pee, poop and puke! And breastmilk really is liquid gold. Keep up the good work for as long as you can. It is TOUGH, and anyone who tells you otherwise has never tried hooking up to a pump every 3 hrs. - Tkeys

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kari they are all so beautiful!!!! I am so happy for you and Ben! Praying for good health and recovery for all! I can't wait to see more pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...