Thursday, September 24, 2009

One week old already!

To celebrate their big day they all graduated into the intermediate section of the NICU where they go when they are not in critical category and they are just feeding and growing so they can go home as soon as they are spell free and eating fully on a bottle or breast. We don't want to get our hopes up too much but it doesn't look like it will be 6-8 weeks before we are home.

Today Ben and I did kangaroo care with all of them and learned who gets along and who doesn't...LOL! It was my day with Brady and Matthew, both of them love to cuddle! They snuggled in and napped most of the two hours I held them.
Photobucket

Ben had Cameron and Aubrey, those two are going to be trouble! Aubrey is a daddy's girl, whenever he holds her she stares up at him as long as she can. Cameron is not happy to share his snuggle time and was doing all he could to move as far away from his sister as possible. The nurses kept moving them into the center of Ben's chest and Cameron kept kicking Aubrey and scootching himself over as far as he could into Ben's armpit. Aubrey kept grabbing hold of Cameron's cords that keep track of his heart rate and breathing.
Photobucket

Finally they fell asleep, all 3 of them!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these pictures are too precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look soooo wonderful and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can look at the pics and tell how well the babies are doing! They look wonderfully healthy! It's funny that they have personalities already...sounds like fun! Take care and as always,best wishes to all. Kathy in GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Kari!! I've been away for a while and I am so happy to hear that they are here and healthy! Kangaroo Care is just such a precious experience . Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kari I know I haven;t been around in a while but I was excited to tears when I popped into blogger and saw that they had arived! They are all SO BEAUTIFUL! For multiples you did great they are all so healthy and strong looking! They'll all be home before you know it, hun! And that last pic.... the super napp. that one is definitly one for teh album lol! COngratulations to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get tears in my eyes looking and reading this, the babies are so amazing, they are thriving and getting so strong- you did one heck of a job taking care of them for all of those months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just can't believe how well they are doing...and the pics are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...I love those pictures. I almost miss that time when the girls were that small and we got to hold them together like that. The sleeping picture with Ben, Aubrey, and Cameron is priceless.

    I'm just so happy for you guys. I wish we lived closer so I could see them IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that the best? I love those group naps. - Tkeys

    ReplyDelete

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...