One hundred years from now
It will not matter
What kind of car I drove,
What kind of house I lived in,
How much I had in my bank
Nor what my clothes looked like.
One hundred years from now
It will not matter
What kind of school I attended,
What kind of typewriter I used,
How large or small my church,
But the world may be ...
a little better because...
I was important in the life of a child.
Wouldn't life be simpler if everyone felt the way the author of this poem felt?
Over the past two and a half years my views have changed so much! I worked 7 days a week for years because I thought monetary things were so important and I wanted to have whatever I wanted when I wanted it. The moment I found out that the fabulous foursome were on their way they were the only thing that mattered.
Even though some days I go a little crazy being home with them every single day, working from home, and not getting the adult interaction I wouldn't change it for the world. As long as we have the necessities in life I am happy to be spending the time with my family! I don't think there ever will be a person who regrets not working enough while their children are young but there are plenty who regret working too much and missing their children grow up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We've been FLOCKED!
Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments? Would I be able to carry all four babi...
-
As many of you know I have been contemplating making this blog private. I intended this blog as something for the babies to be able to read ...
-
It seems like the babies are starting to feel better. They are finally eating well and sleeping a little better, they are being much more pl...
-
Each year we have an end of the school year sleepover, this year Grammie took the boys one night and then Aubrey the next so they could enj...
Amen, love and hugs mama!!
ReplyDelete