Friday, September 2, 2011

100 years from now

One hundred years from now
It will not matter
What kind of car I drove,
What kind of house I lived in,
How much I had in my bank
Nor what my clothes looked like.
One hundred years from now
It will not matter
What kind of school I attended,
What kind of typewriter I used,
How large or small my church,
But the world may be ...
a little better because...
I was important in the life of a child.


Wouldn't life be simpler if everyone felt the way the author of this poem felt?

Over the past two and a half years my views have changed so much! I worked 7 days a week for years because I thought monetary things were so important and I wanted to have whatever I wanted when I wanted it. The moment I found out that the fabulous foursome were on their way they were the only thing that mattered.

Even though some days I go a little crazy being home with them every single day, working from home, and not getting the adult interaction I wouldn't change it for the world. As long as we have the necessities in life I am happy to be spending the time with my family! I don't think there ever will be a person who regrets not working enough while their children are young but there are plenty who regret working too much and missing their children grow up.

1 comment:

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...