Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

I never realized that St. Patrick's Day was a holiday meant to be celebrated with very specific traditions until one day last week my children told me all about the Leprechaun and how he leaves green snacks and gold coins like the ones you find at the end of the rainbow.  Where they got this idea is beyond me but I was glad they let me in on the little secret before the big day came and they were disappointed because the Leprechaun didn't follow through on his duties!

The sneaky little Leprechaun snuck in and scattered gold coins all around...
 photo 007_zps28bfabf0.jpg

Then he made a trail of coins from the stairway to the kitchen table...
 photo 006_zps1ec4ebd8.jpg

Where he left them a note and a rainbow made with their favorite Starburst jellybeans and some chocolate gold coins...
 photo 010_zps4516a5ec.jpg

And a green little juice box for each of them...
 photo 008_zps2970072e.jpg

And some green cupcakes hidden in the fridge for later in the day...
 photo 009_zps509c9331.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...