Friday, June 15, 2012

Let's hope the kids don't inherit clumsy!

When the kids were 9 months old and I broke my wrist and ever since then I have been very grateful that it wasn't my leg that was out of commission.  About a month ago the quads and I did the CF Walk and I twisted my ankle.  Luckily it wasn't that bad and I was able to just wear a brace and walk around like normal.  Well the curse of clumsiness struck again this week when I went to check on the pool as it was filling, lost my balance and fell of the porch.  I was in so much pain I thought I would pass out but luckily I didn't.  Kate called for back up and I finally made it to the ER what seemed like an eternity later even though it was only 45 minutes or so later. 

The whole time I was there I was praying it wasn't broken...what timing with summer being here and the kids wanting to be outside and swimming lessons.  Soon I found out it was just a really bad sprain and they gave me some Advil, and Ace bandage and some crutches and I was on my way home with instructions to keep off it for 3 days...Rest, Ice, Compress and Elevate. 

Day 1 found me extremely sore, the kids very sad that I couldn't do anything for them and very grateful for my mom and Kate picking up the slack.  Day 2 I was feeling ok as long as I didn't let the Advil wear off and I was able to sit around with the kids to do some crafts.  Day 3 I decided I was feeling really good and decided to push it...bad move!  Now I am sitting around with my entire leg swollen, lots of pain, and wishing I had listened.

It is hard to listen when you have 4 of your own kids who want only Mommy to do everything for them All.The.Time!  Not to mention trying to be helpful with the day care kids that my mom and Kate were pretty much handling on their own.  On top of that I never like to ask for or accept help.  That is not a great combination when you should be resting!  Now it looks like I will be resting as much as possible tomorrow so hopefully we can celebrate Father's Day in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...