Monday, June 11, 2012

15 Things You Should Never Say to a Mom of Multiples!

A dear friend, and fellow quad momma, passed this along and I found it so true and funny that I couldn't not share it.  Unfortunately I think all moms of multiples have been bombarded with these questions far too often.  People often think that if you have multiples they are entitled to the crazy questions!

1.  ARE THEY NATURAL?!?!
ummm...yes!  They are living, breathing, human beings so I would say yes!  100% natural, not artificial!

2.  DID YOU DO IVF?!?!
Or the wildly offensive "why did you put in so many eggs?"  why would you think it is acceptable to ask me that?

3.  OOOO...I always wanted twin/triplets/quads!
Really?  Like REALLY?  You always wanted 2-4 infants at one time with unique challenges and risks associated therein?  Interesting!

4.  I THINK THAT ONE IS PRETTIER?PRETTIEST!
You have GOT to be kidding me!

5. CAN YOU TELL THEM APART?!?!
No, they are only my children...of course I can!

6.  MY KID IS SO HARD, IT IS JUST LIKE HAVING MUTLIPLES!
Excuse me while I have my doubts!

7.  AND YOU ARE EVEN WEARING MAKE UP!
OMG!  I know!  It is totally amazing that I manage to do anything with all these kids!  Guess what?  I even shave!

8.  DID YOU KNOW YOU WERE HAVING TWINS/TRIPLETS/QUADS?
Can't say that I did...nope...not a clue!

9.  I GUESS YOU ARE DONE HAVING KIDS NOW!
I guess that is a pretty bold assumption!

10.  IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO ONE, AT LEAST YOU HAVE A SPARE!
Not funny...Not even one little bit! (A grandparent actually said something like this to one of my quad mom friends...unbelievable!)

11.  BETTER YOU THAN ME!
Uh...yeah...probably true!

12.  CAN I TAKE A PICTURE OF THEM?
Sure, let me just snap a picture of you first!

13.  I'D SHOOT MYSELF!
My children...ALL of my children are blessings!

14.  HOW ARE YOU GOING TO AFFORD 2/3/4 CARS ALL AT THE SAME TIME?  COLLEGE?? ETC???  HAVE YOU EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT THAT???
Yes, I have.  Just like every other parent thinks about it!

15.  WHAT DO YOU THINK OF NADIA SULEMAN/KATE GOSSELIN?
Every mom of multiples is supposed to have an authoritive opinion on these two...most of us do not care and those who do don't want to be assocciated with them in respect of having multiples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...