Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sewing Sunday

One of my favorite blogs to read is  The Great Umbrella Heist.  I discovered it when I was pregnant with the quads and have enjoyed reading it every day since.  One thing I always love to see is all the cute skirts and dresses that she makes for her girls so when she posted this and this I was thrilled to give it a try!

The kids and I made a trip to the store and Aubrey picked out her favorite pattern and then material to go with it.  The boys kept asking what I was going to make them so I let them each pick their favorite pattern to turn into pillows.

I was a little nervous to attempt the skirt so I started with the pillows for the boys because I knew they would be a snap.  I sewed them and the kids had a blast stuffing them.  When those were all done I had no other option than to get going on Aubrey's skirt and it actually came out better than I expected!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. How old were your kiddos when you started using the wakeup light?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were about 2.5 years old.

    ReplyDelete