Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Although this isn't technically their first Halloween it is the first time we got to let them celebrate Halloween. Last year we had just been home from Boston for 9 days and we were being very cautious not to let them get the flu or RSV so we just stayed inside at Uncle Tom and Auntie Kate's and watched the trick or treaters go by.

This year was sooooo COLD! We dressed the babies in socks, fleece feetie jammies, a sweat suit with hood then their costume and gloves. We wanted them to be warm but they still seemed cold so we did a quick walk around, less than 20 minutes then back home to warm up but we did attend two Halloween parties with costume contests and were lucky enough to win Most Original at both! Auntie Sam and I were pretty proud that our handmade costumes were a hit! Ben did a great job configuring a basket out of a cardboard box that we wove paper bags on and trimmed with scrap wood to make a perfect basket for our little fruits.

I have so many ideas for theme costumes future years to come so I hope that they never see that there a costumes at a store that they can pick from or else I am going to be one sad quad momma! LOL!

The cutest fruit basket ever!
Photobucket

My crazy banana...Matthew!
Photobucket

One of the four apples of our eyes...Brady!
Photobucket

Our little Aubrey Peaches!
Photobucket

Our sweet little grape...Cameron
Photobucket

Had enough trick or treating!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! You are so creative and your kiddos look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kari,
    You family is beautiful. I can feel the love jump right out of the computer screen! I read your story and know only too well the pain and grief of infertility. I started blogging earlier this year and its been the most wonderful outlet for me to share my feelings and get support from others who understand. So many of my fear have become manageable simply by reading the stories of others who have overcome them already.

    We had our first Donor IUI last week. I responded really well to the stims and the dr suggest that we cancel the cycle. I had three, maybe four, big follicles release perfect little eggs (at least that is how I am picturing them). We are waiting, but the idea that we could have multiples is at the forefront of our minds. We will be so happy if this is successful and we are in fact pregnant, but I realize that I need to expand my reading about multiples so that I can put these new fears to rest.

    Thank you for sharing your story.
    Much love to you and your family,
    ~ Foxy
    http://foxypopcorn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...