Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Playing Catch up!

Life, as always, has been busy in the Hickey home!  The kids have all been doing great working on their preschool stuff and I am interested to see how they do at their Child Find Screening at the end of the month. I feel like they have come so far since September!

Cameron is getting ready to start another round of speech for articulation.  He really gets frustrated when we don't understand what he is saying to us so we are hoping that by taking speech lessons now he will be more easily understood when he goes into school in a mere 17 months...how crazy is that???  I was amazed by his testing scores when he was evaluated.  He was average to high average in all categories but one and that one he was only 2 points away from average.  He is the one who chooses not to participate as well as the others but obviously he is listening and retaining the information I am giving him during our school time.

It is so odd to go out walking and not have to bring the beast of a stroller or the hefty choo choo wagon.  The kids are old enough to walk along with us now and we even let them bring their scooters the other night. Cameron got lazy about 3/4 of the way through the walk and I ended up carrying his scooter but I think he is still getting his strength back in his leg from when he broke it a couple months ago.  Aubrey, gotta love her, is so graceful!  She has a hard time keeping it going smoothly without tripping over her own two feet.  Brady and Matthew are wild men and we need to keep up with them!

The new chore and allowance system has been working great.  They love to get their dollar at the end of the week and were thrilled when they saved up enough money to buy themselves some new games for their leap pads.

The no napping has been going pretty good for the most part.  There are days where you can tell they are exhausted and need one every once in awhile but for the most part they do good at either watching a show or playing their leap pad during that period of the day.  Bed time is fabulous without naps though!  That is my saving grace through it all.  After 13 hours of craziness I am able to walk down the stairs and not hear another peep!

Baseball season is upon us again!  The next two months will be spent outdoors and at the ball field.  The kids are excited because they know the park is right there and they also know it means POPCORN!  They have already reminded me that they like to have their popcorn in little cups.

With summer coming our calendar is already filling up with places to go and people to see.  I wish summer would last a few more months to give us enough time to do all we want and still have time to kick back and relax...I don't think there ever is enough time but wishful thinking!

The kids are already begging for a repeat to Disney and Ben is begging for a cruise so I am keeping busy with my little Scentsy business trying to make all of our dreams come true.  First up though is my trip to Hawaii.  I was lucky enough to have earned it ALL EXPENSES PAID!!  I have always wanted to visit Hawaii so when I heard that I could earn it through Scentsy's incentive program I worked my butt off to get there.  I don't know how any of us are going to do being separated for six whole days but I am hoping it goes well.

The last thing we have going on right now is the March of Dimes walk.  The six of us are walking to help raise awareness and to show our love for our friends who's children were born far too soon.  It makes me very grateful for the wonderful doctors and nurses that played a part in getting our children here safely.  If you would like to show your support please visit our page and make a donation...no donation too small!
The Hickey 6 March of Dimes Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...