Friday, January 4, 2013

Scary night...

Last weekend I went to bed around 10pm and fell fast asleep until Brady began stirring at 11.  I got up to go check on him and when I opened the bedroom door all I could smell and see was smoke.  I woke Ben and he ran downstairs to see what was the cause.  It was quickly determined that it was the furnace and after hitting the kill switch on that we packed the kids and headed to Grammie Diana's for the rest of the night.  The kids never made a peep while putting on jackets, being carried down the stairs or even getting in the car other than Aubrey asking me where we were going and when I told her she answered OK and put her head back down.

The next morning Ben came back to the house with a friend to look over the furnace when it was determined that it was plugged and that the oil line was leaking.  After that all got fixed and the house aired out we were able to return home.  I am very grateful that Brady was restless and woke me up because none of the 3 smoke alarms nor the two carbon monoxide detectors went off.  Needless to say I have done a lot of research over the past few days and new ones will be installed as soon as they come in.  Please take the time to read this could save a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...