Sunday, May 22, 2011

Quadvention 2011!

First off I would like to thank everyone who made it possible for me to go meet 11 awesome women that are a huge part of my daily life I appreciate it so much! Thank you Ben, Mom, Dad, Jackie, Tom and Kate. It was so hard to leave the babies for four whole days and fly all the way to San Antonio, TX but I knew I just had to meet these women!

It took a year of planning (thank you Brandy and Betsy) many surveys (sorry Lisa) and arranging child care for 55 (yes 55!) children to make this trip of a lifetime possible but it was so badly needed by all of us. I wish that our whole group could have made it but it just didn't work out so Stephanie came up with the motto "No quad momma left behind" and got pictures blown up of all those who could not make it so they could be included in the group picture.

I knew before I went that these women were amazing and we shared such a strong bond but I never expected to walk into a room of virtual strangers and feel like I had known them my whole life. Not once did I feel the uncomfortableness that I normally would in close quarters with people I had never met. I love each and everyone of these women like they are my sisters! We spent our days shopping, sitting by the pool, and chatting. It was a much needed break from our normally hectic lives.

The awesome house, scratch that, mansion that Betsy found us!
Photobucket

View of the back yard...BEAUTIFUL!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Lovely kitchen!
Photobucket

The two livingrooms!
Photobucket

Photobucket

New Hampshire's room! Danielle and I got to share this beautiful room with in room bathroom.
Photobucket

What kind of room has this note on the door?
Photobucket

Obviously the "Scream room"! It was very weird and echoed horribly. We joked that the room was built for human sacrificing.
Photobucket

The downstairs game room
Photobucket

Lisa, Nicole and I at Starbucks. Stephanie introduced us to the finer things in life!

Photobucket

Stephanie and I having dinner by the Riverwalk
Photobucket

Filling up at Cracker Barrel before shopping the outlets!
Photobucket

Rolling into Starbucks in our PJ's...Priceless!
Photobucket

Quick visit with Kami and her beautiful family!
Photobucket

Our ad on the board at Howling at the Moon!
Photobucket

Lisa and I riding in style!
Photobucket

The last supper :(
Photobucket

The final 4 waiting to board to go home. Me, Danielle, Teri and Stephanie
Photobucket

We were all given some awesome gifts from some of the crafty quad mommas. Betsy brought us all some cosmetic samples, Teri travel coffee mugs with everyone's name and Quadvention 2011 on them, Kim coffe mugs, and Brandy made these awesome wine glasses...now to get some wine to put in it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love these women!
Photobucket

No quad momma left behind!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Kari- great post! I'm glad you had so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good time was had by all. It's funny, you were practically in my back yard. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful blog!!!! Love you and what an awesome trip, I can't wait to do it again!!!!! Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...