Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mommy's day out!

I took the day off yesterday from work and my mom and Ben kept the babies for the day and I went shopping for some birthday party supplies for the quadlings, a gift for my nephew's birthday and to stock up on supplies at BJ's before picking up my niece (not biological but of the heart<3) to take her to the Olive Garden and to a concert for her 13th birthday.

It was so weird to have the day to myself and not load and unload babies a hundred times! I missed them so much but it was a much needed day to myself. I got a couple great deals on decorations for the party and of course dinner was FABULOUS at the Olive Garden!

We got to see Cavo, Lifehouse and Daughtry in concert and it was a fabulous show! We got to meet the members of Cavo and get autographs. The highlight of that for me was that the lead singer of Cavo is also a parent to quadruplets. His wife must be Superwoman holding down the fort with him on the road!

The ride home was horrible. 2.5 hours in the dark all alone I could barely keep my eyes open. I stopped several times to get out and get some fresh air but was so happy to be home to check on my babies and get some much needed sleep!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a mommy's day out once in a while! It's good for everyone. Those trips home alone at night are sometimes scarey though. Glad you made it home safely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got some time off...sounds like a wonderful day! - Tkeys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day! Aw, I like Cavo - how fun to do a meet & greet....

    ReplyDelete

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...