Friday, November 6, 2009

All done!

Ben had his last chemo treatment on Wednesday and we will know December 2nd if he is cancer free. We are all keeping our fingers crossed that this will be it for him. He is having a really hard time recovering this time so thankfully we have had some good friends and family staying with me and the babies while Ben stays at his moms getting some rest. When he is feeling better then we will be putting him on baby duty and I get to pick which ones he has that night! LOL!

All the babies are growing well and doing a great job following items with their eyes and turning towards voices that they recognize. They have been eating ever 3.5-4 hours during the day and going 4 hours at a time during the night. It is amazing what a difference an extra hour of sleep makes! Brady and Cameron are the easiest to put to bed, Brady falls right to sleep and Cameron looks around until he gets sleepy but doesn't usually make a peep. Matthew is getting better about bedtime now that his bassinet is right next to my bed. He fusses a little but not as bad as before. Aubrey hates going to bed. She whines and tries to let out some cries every night for about on hour before giving in.

They are all still growing well and Brady and Matthew went down to 20 calorie formula instead of the 24 so I decided to put their initial on their bottles because they are having different amounts and mixtures. Brady is up to 9 lbs 1 oz, Matthew 7 lbs 13 oz, Cameron 6 lbs 9 oz and Aubrey 6 lbs 3 oz.

Aubrey goes Monday for her eye exam, which with any luck will be her last one. It is not fun for her and I hate hearing her cry like that and not be able to help her.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I so pray this is it for Ben and he is cancer free. I know hes ready to be there more for the babies. I can't believe what a lil pudge Brady is getting...9+ lbs...how awesome. The others will catch up soon! Can't wait to see new pics of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari I will say a prayer as often as I think of you and Ben (which is often) from now until December 2nd. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying that Ben will be cancer free come December 2nd. I bet he is happy to finally be done.

    I know what you mean about the different bed time routines with the kiddos. They all have their way that works. Hopefully they will all begin sleeping longer stretches for you soon. I can't wait to see more pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you that ben is cancer free... the babies all look great! Hope you can figure out a schedule soon!

    ReplyDelete

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...