Monday, May 27, 2013

Mr. Responsible

A couple weeks ago Cameron and Brady broke the shade in the toy room.  I told them that they were going to have to come up with the money to buy a new one with their allowance.  Brady asked if they did extra chores could they get extra money to pay it off quickly.  I told him that sounded like a great idea and told Cameron about it...Cameron being Cameron is too lazy to think about it.  He is a con artist who always is trying to get out of his chores by getting someone else to "help" him!

For the past couple weeks we have been working at the snack bar in town during the baseball and softball games.  While the other three spend the entire time we are there at the park Brady has been spending most of his time helping me.  He passes out drinks to those who order them, sweeps the floor, helps stock the fridge, and other stuff he can do.

Just the other day I told him he could go play with the others, that he didn't need to help me if he didn't want to and he looked at me and asked me how many more times he had to work there to pay for the shade.  I was shocked that he thought about that.  I never mentioned that he had to work in there to help pay for it but he thought of it all by himself!  It made me very proud to realize that he felt bad about doing a bad deed and was trying to make it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...