Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First Day of Kindergarten!

Today is a day that seemed so far away nearly five years ago. There were times I said to myself...and even a loud a few times...how I couldn't wait for them to start school.  Being home with them 24/7 since birth has had highlights and lowlights but is something I wouldn't change even if I could go back and do it differently.  I think this will also make the transition into them being gone to school 8 hours a day so difficult on me. Time has moved quicker than I thought possible...the saying don't blink has new meaning as a parent.

When I was pregnant so many offers and promises of help had come in but once the excitement dwindled down there were few that were actually present when we came home.  I am so grateful for all of those who have been a part of the quads lives since birth and helped them grow into the little people they are today. It is true when they say it takes a village to raise a child. Each of you, I won't name names in fear of forgetting someone, has impacted their lives and should also take pride in the fact that you helped make them what they are today.

This day is filled with such a mix of emotions! 

Excitement...IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!
Uncertainty...Did I prepare them well enough?
Anxiety...How they will do and how I will do without them?
Proud...I am so proud of how far my little preemies have come!
Depressed...It's really the end of an era!
Happy...That the end of the day is coming soon!

Matthew was the first one ready and first off to play on the playground!



Brady was a little hesitant but once he found all his siblings on the playground he stayed tight with them!



Aubrey was ready to go!  She told me that she was going to tell everyone her name and ask them theirs!



Cameron was dragging his feet at home this morning but once he was on the playground he was ready to go!



Our big KINDERGARTENERS!!!!

Headed to school!

Lining up!

Off they go!

Not a tear shed by the fab four...don't worry I made up for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...