Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Day at the Museum

I have been gone several nights and weekends lately working my Scentsy business so last weekend I took a break from it all for a little fun with the kids!  I had been wanting to take them to the Fairbanks museum for some time now so when I looked online for prices and hours I discovered that it was Nature's Classroom day and decided that our plan would be to go on Saturday.

For $18 we got admission for me, kids under 5 are free admission to the museum, family passes to the Nature's Classroom activities and family passes to the preschool planetarium show.  You can't beat that!  We started out the day exploring the bottom floor of the museum where they were interested in every single thing they saw!  Then we went down to the basement for Turkey crafts and lessons, after we finished there we went up and explored the top floor of the museum....there were DINOSAURS!!!  We took a little break to have lunch I packed then went in to play with some of the hands on activities before finishing the day learning about the stars.

We were there 5 hours and no one asked once to leave.  I call that a MAJOR success!  We can't wait to go back and explore on another Nature's Classroom day!

Me and my favorite foursome at the museum!

They loved the statues outside almost as much as they liked the exhibits inside!


They were so interested in all the different animals.





The globe you could change to see different planets, moons and views of the Earth kept them busy for quite some time!



DINOSAURS!  They are big right now!


Learning through play...Nature's Classroom and hands on activities!











No comments:

Post a Comment

We've been FLOCKED!

Nine years ago this summer there was so much uncertainty, would Ben make it through his treatments?  Would I be able to carry all four babi...